Skip to content
You are here > Home > Your Ministry > Local Government > Municipal Elections > 2014 Voters' Guide > Acceptable Documents for Voter Identification

Follow us

Acceptable Documents for Voter Identification

Email this page

You must present one of the following documents showing your name and address: 

  1. An Ontario driver’s licence 
  2. An Ontario Health Card (photo card) 
  3. An Ontario Photo Card 
  4. An Ontario motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion) 
  5. A cancelled personalized cheque 
  6. A mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement relating to property in Ontario 
  7. An insurance policy or insurance statement 
  8. A loan agreement or other financial agreement with a financial institution 
  9. A document issued or certified by a court in Ontario 
  10. Any other document from the government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or from an agency or such a government 
  11. Any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada) 
  12. An income tax assessment notice 
  13. A Child Tax Benefit Statement 
  14. A Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E 
  15. A Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS) 
  16. A Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P) 
  17. A Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions 
  18. A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Works 
  19. A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program 
  20. A Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007 
  21. A property tax assessment 
  22. A credit card statement, bank account statement, or RRSP, RRIF, RHOSP or T5 statement 
  23. A CNIB Card or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities 
  24. A hospital card or record 
  25. A document showing campus residence, issued by the office or officials responsible for student residence at a post-secondary institution 
  26. A document showing residence at a long-term care home under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, issued by the Administrator for the home 
  27. A utility bill for hydro, water, gas, telephone or cable TV or a bill from a public utilities commission 
  28. A cheque stub, T4 statement or pay receipt issued by an employer 
  29. A transcript or report card from a post-secondary school