The Building Code Commission’s Public Accountability Documents
The Commission, as required by the Adjudicative Tribunals Accountability, Governance and Appointments Act, 2009, makes its key accountability documents available to the public.The following have been adopted by the Commission and approved by the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing:
- Mandate and Mission Statements
- Memorandum of UnderstandingSigned by the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing and the Chair of the Commission on behalf of the agency. States the Commission’s accountability framework and the parties’ mutual understanding of their respective responsibilities.
- Business Plan 2015-2018The Commission’s current three-year business plan laying out its objectives, resources, planned operations, performance measures, and a risk management plan.
- Annual Report 2014-2015The Commission’s report on activities, performance measures and results for the most recent complete fiscal year (April 1-March 31).
- Service Standard PolicyStates the Commission’s general customer service standards, its policy on how it will respond to complaints, and its policy on accessibility of its hearings and services for persons with disabilities.
- Recruitment StatementOutlines the Commission’s and government’s process for recruiting new members with appropriate qualifications.
- Building Code Commission Ethics PlanLays out the Commission Chair’s process for ensuring that all Commission members are aware of and trained in their ethical responsibilities, under both the Public Service of Ontario Act, 2006 and the Commission’s Code of Conduct. This Plan has also been approved by the Conflict of Interest Commissioner, as required by the Adjudicative Tribunals Accountability, Governance and Appointments Act, 2009.
- Consultation PolicyStates the Commission’s commitment as to whom, when and how it will consult if it makes changes to policies or procedures that affect its stakeholders’ interests.
- Member Accountability FrameworkConsists of a Statement of Member Functions and Qualifications which states the duties and powers of the Commission’s members, Chair and Vice-Chairs, and describes the qualifications a member should possess (skills, knowledge and experience); and a Code of Conduct which states the ethical standards that apply to Commission members.
- Member Accountability Framework Code of ConductPart 2 of the Member Accountability Framework