Email this pageHot Topics
- Slide Decks - Building Code Amendments; Accessibility and Mid-Rise Combustible Buildings
- FACT SHEET - Building Code Overview
- FACT SHEET - Ontario’s Building Regulatory Roles – Municipal and Provincial
- New Accessibility Amendments to Ontario’s Building CodeOntario’s Building Code has been amended to include enhanced requirements for accessibility in new construction and extensive renovations. Requirements come into effect January 1, 2015.
- Examinations and Knowledge MaintenanceThe Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing is updating all qualification examinations to reflect changes to the Building Code. Knowledge maintenance assessments are designed to evaluate a practitioner’s knowledge of changes between the 2006 and 2012 editions of the Building Code.
- 2012 Building Code OverviewFind out what’s new in the 2012 Building Code, which comes into force on January 1, 2014.
- Public Consultation on Enhanced Fire SafetyThe Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, Office of the Fire Marshal, is inviting public comment on the implementation of the Technical Advisory Committee’s recommendations to enhance fire safety in occupancies that house seniors, people with disabilities and vulnerable Ontarians. Changes being proposed may affect both the Fire Code and the Building Code.
- Glass Panels in Balcony Guards – Expert Panel Report, Amendment and FAQ
- Building Code TrainingBuilding Code training is now developed by George Brown College and will be delivered by Ontario’s colleges.