- Public Consultation on Enhanced Fire SafetyThe Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, Office of the Fire Marshal, is inviting public comment on the implementation of the Technical Advisory Committee’s recommendations to enhance fire safety in occupancies that house seniors, people with disabilities and vulnerable Ontarians. Changes being proposed may affect both the Fire Code and the Building Code.
- Glass Panels in Balcony Guards – Expert Panel Report, Amendment and FAQ
- New Compliance Checklists are available for Energy Efficiency Requirements for Large Buildings and Small Commercial BuildingsThese checklists will help building sector professionals demonstrate that their designs meet the energy efficiency requirements of the Building Code for large buildings and small commercial buildings. The checklists apply to permit applications made after January 1, 2012.
- Are you ready? 2012 Requirements for New ConstructionIf you apply for a building permit on or after Jan. 1, 2012, the proposed construction must conform to the enhanced energy efficiency requirements of Ontario’s Building Code.
- Interim Change to the Building Code – Energy Efficiency Update for Large Buildings – July 2011The Building Code has been amended to provide for compliance paths to achieve the energy efficiency requirement for large buildings. These paths are set out in an updated Supplementary Standard.
- Information Regarding On-Site Sewage Systems Maintenance InspectionsBuilding Code was recently amended by Ontario Regulation 315/10 to establish and govern mandatory on-site sewage system maintenance inspection programs to be administered by principal authorities (i.e., municipalities, boards of health and/or conservation authorities) in certain areas of the province. The amendments also govern discretionary on-site sewage system maintenance inspection programs established by principal authorities. These amendments largely came into force on January 1, 2011. Information regarding on-site sewage system maintenance inspections has been prepared for explanatory purposes and is now available.
- The Building Code Energy Advisory CouncilThe Building Code Energy Advisory Council has been established to advise the Minister on Green Energy initiatives that can be implemented through the Building Code.