Email this page
- Building the Provincial-Municipal Partnership
- Community Hubs
- Disaster Recovery AssistanceOntario offers two programs that provide financial assistance following sudden, unexpected natural disasters: Municipal Disaster Recovery Assistance and Disaster Recovery Assistance for Ontarians.
- Ice Storm Assistance Program
- Line Fences
- List of Ontario Municipalities
- Local Government WeekFor the children and youth of Ontario, there is now a new way to learn about local government.
- Local Improvement ChargesMunicipalities, through local improvement charges, have the ability to recover the costs of capital improvements made on public or privately owned land from property owners who will benefit from the improvement.
- Municipal ActThe legislation provides for the structure of local municipalities and counties, and sets out their basic powers including the ability to regulate (e.g. licensing), provision of services, finances and roads.
- Municipal ElectionsElection information for voters and candidates
- Municipal Legislation Review
- Municipal Long-Term Asset Management PlanningThe Province is assisting municipalities with preparing asset management plans to better meet their priority infrastructure and social housing needs. For tools and to download the municipal guidebook, visit our asset management page.
- Municipal Performance Measures
- Municipal RestructuringMunicipal restructuring includes annexations and amalgamations. Annexations alter municipal boundaries, moving jurisdiction for land from one municipality to another. Amalgamations are mergers of neighbouring municipalities. Restructuring activities are generally a response to urban growth pressures, changes to municipal responsibilities, and provincial government initiatives. Since the mid-1990's, amalgamations have reduced the number of municipalities from 815 in 1996 to 444 in 2009.
- Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS)
- Property Taxes
- Resources for MunicipalitiesManagement tools, guidelines, and reference materials