Email this pageThe Oak Ridges Moraine
One of the goals of the Greenbelt Plan is to promote the protection and restoration of natural and open space connections between the Oak Ridges Moraine, the Niagara Escarpment, Lake Ontario, Lake Simcoe and the major river valley lands, while also maintaining connections to the broader natural systems of southern Ontario beyond the Golden Horseshoe such as the Great Lakes Coast, the Carolinian Zone, the Lake Erie Basin, the Kawartha Highlands and the Algonquin to Adirondacks Corridor
- Legislation and PlanOak Ridges Moraine Conservation Act, 2001, the Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan, and related legislation.
- Maps of the Oak Ridges Moraine
- North Pickering Land ExchangeTo protect environmentally sensitive lands on the Oak Ridges Moraine, the province is exchanging lands it owns in North Pickering for privately owned lands in Richmond Hill and Uxbridge.
- Oak Ridges Moraine Technical Documents
- Oak Ridges Moraine FoundationA link to the Oak Ridges Moraine Foundation Website. The Oak Ridges Moraine Foundation is a non-profit, independent from government organization. Its mandate is to fund activities such as land securement, research, land stewardship, and public education, and to support the creation of an ORM trail system.
- More facts about the Oak Ridges Moraine
- Frequently Asked Questions