The following is a list of general application statutes related to land-use planning administered by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing. The text of many of the statutes is available on the E-laws website. A list of bills before the house is available from the Legislative Assembly website.This list is for information purposes only and was last updated in March, 2006. The data on this website is provided as a convenience only and should not be relied on as the authoritative text. The authoritative text is set out in the official volumes and in office consolidations printed by Publications Ontario.
- The Green Energy ActThrough the Green Energy and Green Economy Act, 2009 (the “Green Energy Act”), the Government of Ontario is making it easier to bring renewable energy projects to life.
- Planning ActLink to the existing legislation and regulations on the Government of Ontario E-Laws website.
- Strong Communities (Planning Amendment) Act, 2004 (Bill 26)The Act received Royal Assent on November 30, 2004. It puts the public first, by opening up the planning process by allowing more time for public scrutiny, boosting environmental protection and better protecting the public interest.
- Greenbelt Act, 2005Link to the legislation on the Government of Ontario E-Laws website
- Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Act, 2001(December 14, 2001)
- Niagara Escarpment Planning and Development Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.N.2
- Development Charges Act, 1997
- Municipal Act, 2001An Act to revise the Municipal Act and to amend or repeal other Acts in relation to municipalities
- Ontario Planning and Development Act, 1994
- Road Access Act
- Municipal Affairs Act
- Shoreline Property Assistance Act
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing Act
- Territorial Division Act, 2002
- Strong Communities through Affordable Housing Act, 2011