Email this pageAbout the Ministry
The goal of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing is an Ontario made up of safe and strong communities with abundant greenspace, thriving and prosperous economies, and a range of housing choices.
To achieve these objectives the ministry works with municipal partners and community stakeholders to develop policies and standards that:
- Promote and support local governments to plan, manage and invest in their communities’ futures
- Strengthen Ontario communities by promoting a housing market that serves the full range of housing needs, protects tenants, and encourages private sector building
- Address building safety, including structural soundness, occupant safety, and energy efficiency
- Corporate Planning (Accessibility, RBP)
- LegislationAn alphabetic list of legislation administered by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
- Long-standing Service AwardsThis awards were introduced by the Ontario government to recognize municipally elected officials with 25 or more years of service.
- Ministry Annual Report 2010-2011
- Standards for Customer Service