Municipal Planning & Development Tools
- Municipal Planning and Financial Tools for Economic Development HandbookThis handbook focuses on preparing for 21st century economic challenges.
- Planning By Design: a healthy communities handbook (2009)The Planning by Design handbook is the result of a partnership between the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing and the Ontario Professional Planners Institute. The purpose of this initiative is to share and generate ideas on how places can be planned and designed more sustainably for healthy, active living and to retain and attract residents, investors and visitors.
- Planning Act ToolsA series of publications that support planning sustainable, well-designed and investment-ready communities.
- Community Improvement Planning Handbook 2008This handbook is intended to inform and assist municipalities and others interested in community improvement planning under section 28 of the Planning Act.
- Development Permit System (DPS)Development Permit System (DPS) Information and resource materials for the DPS, a land use planning tool helping to facilitate growth and build strong communities.
- Municipal Tools and Financial Resources
- Archaeological Management Plans
- Land Use Planning Administrative Flow Charts for Municipal StaffThese flow charts and supporting materials are designed to assist municipal staff through the process of giving notice, forwarding materials to the approval authority and forwarding a record to the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB).