Municipal Planning & Development Tools
- 2015 Communities at Work Calendar
- Municipal Planning and Financial Tools for Economic Development HandbookThis handbook focuses on preparing for 21st century economic challenges.
- Municipal Planning and Financial Tools for Economic Development InfoSheetThis Infosheet provides information about the economic role of placemaking. By linking the built environment to economic well-being, municipalities are working to plan and design communities for people and businesses.
- Community Planning and Development 3D Visualization PortalThis land use planning portal conveys visually how Ontario's policy-led land use planning system can take shape "on the ground" and the planning and financial tools that can be used to support local planning and economic development objectives.
The Portal requires Flash. If your computer does not have Flash, you can download a free Adobe Flash Player
- InfoSheet - Community Planning and Development PortalSee the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing’s land-use portal and take an e-journey to discover what land-use policy can look like on the ground.
- Planning By Design: a healthy communities handbook (2009)The Planning by Design handbook is the result of a partnership between the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing and the Ontario Professional Planners Institute. The purpose of this initiative is to share and generate ideas on how places can be planned and designed more sustainably for healthy, active living and to retain and attract residents, investors and visitors.
- InfoSheet - Planning By Design: a healthy communities handbookThis InfoSheet provides information about the Planning Act and planning and designing for healthy and sustainable communities.
- Planning Act ToolsA series of publications that support planning sustainable, well-designed and investment-ready communities.
- Community Improvement Planning Handbook 2008This handbook is intended to inform and assist municipalities and others interested in community improvement planning under section 28 of the Planning Act.
- Development Permit System (DPS)Development Permit System (DPS) Information and resource materials for the DPS, a land use planning tool helping to facilitate growth and build strong communities.
- Municipal Tools and Financial Resources
- Municipal Plan Review and One Window Provincial Planning Service(September 1999) - This handbook gives an overview of municipal plan review and the one window provincial planning service. The purpose of the handbook is to provide a general understanding of the various planning approval processes, outline the roles and responsibilities of the municipality and the province, and to identify strategies to assist municipalities in the delivery of municipal plan review.
- Municipal Quality of Life for Economic ProsperityThis handbook provides information to help municipalities make the connection between quality-of-life and economic prosperity.
- Archaeological Management Plans
- Land Use Planning Administrative Flow Charts for Municipal StaffThese flow charts and supporting materials are designed to assist municipal staff through the process of giving notice, forwarding materials to the approval authority and forwarding a record to the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB).