- The Landlord and Tenant BoardVisit this website for information about resolving landlord and tenant disputes, rent increases in residential rental units, and landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities under the Residential Tenancies Act.
- Investigation and Enforcement UnitThe Investigation & Enforcement
Unit’s (IEU) role is to answer
questions and take complaints
from Ontario landlords and tenants
related to potential offences
contained within Sections 233 and
to 237 of the Residential Tenancies
- Second-hand smoke in rental unitsWhat can you do when second-hand smoke is getting into your home from a neighbouring unit?
- Suite Meters in Rental Residential UnitsDetailed rules for the implementation of suite meters have been set out in the Suite Metering Regulations under the RTA.
- Residential Tenancies ActThe Residential Tenancies Act,
2006 (RTA) was proclaimed and
came into effect on January 31,
2007, replacing the Tenant
Protection Act, 1997 (TPA). The
new legislation gives tenants more
protection while keeping Ontario’s
rental housing market strong.
- Rent Increase GuidelinesLink to the Landlord and Tenant Board website
- Harassment and Discrimination in Rental Housing