The ministry works to strengthen Ontario communities by promoting a housing market that serves the full range of housing needs, protects tenants and encourages private sector building, while supporting the creation of affordable housing for working families and Ontario’s most vulnerable households.
- Affordable HousingThrough the Canada-Ontario
Affordable Housing Program, new
homes are being created for low-
income families, senior citizens,
persons living with mental illness,
and victims of domestic violence.
- Long-Term Affordable Housing StrategyBuilding Foundations: Building Futures
- Rental HousingThis section provides information
for tenants and landlords, including
the new Residential Tenancies Act, the
official rent increase guidelines,
the Ontario Rent Bank Program, the new Rental Opportunity for Ontario Families Program (ROOF),
and landlord tenant legislation.
- Social Housing BusinessResources for Service Managers,
non-profit, and co-operative
housing providers regarding social
housing policies, funding models,
and social housing reform
- Housing for Off-Reserve Aboriginal FamiliesThe Ontario government is supporting a $26.4 million housing program for Aboriginal families living off-reserve.
- Property Assessment and Taxation System
- Housing Research Reports
- Ontario Mortgage Corporation