The ministry works to strengthen Ontario communities by promoting a housing market that serves the full range of housing needs, protects tenants and encourages private sector building, while supporting the creation of affordable housing for working families and Ontario’s most vulnerable households.
Alternate accessible formats of our publications are available on request.
- Affordable Housing and Ending HomelessnessThrough the Canada-Ontario Affordable Housing Program, new homes are being created for low- income families, senior citizens, persons living with mental illness, and victims of domestic violence.
- Ontario’s Long-Term Affordable Housing StrategyBuilding Foundations: Building Futures
- Rental HousingThis section provides information for tenants and landlords, including the new Residential Tenancies Act, the official rent increase guidelines, the Ontario Rent Bank Program, the new Rental Opportunity for Ontario Families Program (ROOF), and landlord tenant legislation.
- Social Housing BusinessResources for Service Managers, non-profit, and co-operative housing providers regarding social housing policies, funding models, and social housing reform legislation
- Housing for Off-Reserve Aboriginal FamiliesThe Ontario government is supporting a $26.4 million housing program for Aboriginal families living off-reserve.
- Property Assessment and Taxation System